Monday, January 5, 2009

January Client of the Month - Christine H.


With a new year comes a new month, and a new client of the month. For January 09, Chrstine was selected for her dedication and hard work. Since joining FT, Christine has become a fixture in our studio on a daily basis with cardio work and strength training. If you remember back in the blog, she even won the Blackout Cardio Bingo Contest.

Here is Christine on her experience "Before joining Fitness Together, I’d had some vague ideas about healthy eating and getting regular exercise, but I wasn’t acting on them. Aside from practicing Ashtanga yoga a few days a week, I wasn’t moving much. Climbing Mount Si in September was a rude awakening. I barely made it up and down, and I just didn’t want to be like that—I wanted to be someone who could enjoy a challenging hike and still walk the next day. But I knew it wasn’t going to happen if I joined a big, impersonal gym and found myself alone in a room full of cold gray equipment.

FT is a world away from that. I love the friendly atmosphere, the windows, and the most of all the support of the trainers. Working out with the trainers at FT has overhauled my understanding of how to get fit and eat right, and they make it fun. I followed their suggestions and got real results in my first 8 weeks. It was truly a no-brainer, especially with the Cardio Blackout Bingo competition in November and December. All I had to do was fill in my Bingo card each week, and in the end I won prizes and dropped inches in the right places. After a few weeks of Christmas cookies and vacation eating, I’m glad there’s another Cardio Bingo in January! Plus, I have to fit into a wedding dress in May. But even without those motivators, being more fit just feels great and is the best reason to keep going."

No comments: