Thursday, March 4, 2010

March Client of the Month - Carlene Canton

As a team, we look to recognize clients with this monthly award that are making progress towards their goals. Now everyone that comes through the door has a different set of goals, which is what makes our job exciting and challenging. No two clients are the same.

When Carlene came two us nearly two years ago she was a completely different person. She started our program with multiple limitations and a distinct fear of further injury. We started slow and gradually built her strength and confidence. Today she does things she never thought possible with a courage and spirit that has every trainer at FTWS cheering.

"What I appreciate the most about Fitness Together is that the goals of clients can be incredibly diverse and yet all are taken seriously by the trainers. My goal is simply to improve my functional fitness level: Get through each day easier, with more enjoyment, greater stamina and fewer injuries along the way. That is happening: I’ve made significant gains in strength and endurance and along the way I’ve seen benefits in overall health, as well.

The relationship between client and trainer in very much one of trust. I trust my trainers to understand my history (and fear) of injuries --and I’m happy to report not a single injury related to my Fitness Together training! The trainers trust me to believe that I can do what he asks of me at each training session –even when my first reaction is “I can’t do that!”

Thanks to their encouragement, patience and willingness to proceed slowly, I have stuck with a workout schedule far longer than ever before – long enough to make exercise part of my daily life and to see progress towards my goal. That is very satisfying and I know I would not have seen those changes without Fitness Together."

No comments: