Friday, October 3, 2008

October Client of the Month - Carolyn Burton

The Power of Grrr...Our October Client of the Month is Carolyn Burton. Duncan describes why she was voted as the COM. "Carolyn never ceases to amaze me. When I first started working with her, she had breathing problems and knee and ankle issues so her workouts were slow. Taking all these limitations into account I would adjust her workouts to be challenging but doable. She took to the workouts with determination. As we progressed, the breathing problems became scarce and her joints quit "talking" to her as much. I would see more aggression and drive every time we worked together. She always asks questions and wants to know about exercises, or about a new personal record. She a very funny and energetic lady who is well deserving of client of the month. Go Carolyn!!"

"Prone cobra, crunch, the bird, bench press, bosu, dead lifts, plank, push-ups. These are foreign words to me. Apply action/motion to them, trust me, they still are foreign words. I think one should only sweat when it’s a sunny 90. I am not an exercise junkie as I hated the gym. So, what the heck got me here? It was a dark, stormy garden day, I was huffing, puffing. A bolt of thought hit me, I am soooo out of shape. I do not want to be this way. I shall overcome slouchy body, huffing, puffing. I’ll get me a trainer, whip me into shape and life will be good. Along the way, I’ve learned good stance, peddle to the metal, concentration, breathe, breathe, breathe, flow motion. Faster Faster Faster. I’ve learned hard work, sweat, dedication and to obey the good direction of the FT staff, to grrrrr my way to lifting 75# weights, bench pressing, & the utter pleasure of 116 rpms! Had anyone told me I would be looking forward to workouts, I would have said they were crazy. After all, I hated gym. Add grrrr to your life, work with the best FT trainers!! Life lived well is the best revenge. Life is good!"

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

thank you for selecting me as Client of the Month!

it is a true pleasure to work out with such a SUPAR staff! and I am so pleased that none of them fall down laughing during my sessions! just a yoke!, smile, laugh a little and add lots of grrrr to your life.

living well is the best revenge. go FT trainers!!!!